Monday, August 3, 2015

Traveling . . . again!

Tate sends us a weekly recording. I have tried to transcribe it each week, but it doesn't always happen. If you are interested in hearing any of his recordings, just email me at scottara@comcast.net and I will send you the link. 

Tate is currently serving in Puno. He was transferred there 5 weeks ago and is now a Zone Leader. He has had to spend a lot of time traveling during this transfer - hence the subject of this week's email!  He said on his recording that he has logged about 50 hours in travel over the past 4-5 weeks.

He just passed his ONE YEAR MARK!  Yippee!!  He is doing great!
 
-Tara 

********


What did George Washington say to his men before they got on their horses?
"Men, get on your horses."

I figured since I hit a year I would start doing lame jokes instead of movie quotes.

I sent a recording with pretty much everything on it from the week. We had to travel to Cusco again. Elder Cando was supposed to go to Machu Picchu tomorrow but the company they work with has completely changed everything so they had to do it all different. Now he's going to go on Saturday. Woot! That means he'll leave on Friday and never come back because he'll go home right after that. Crazy stuff. I'm going to stay with the other two elders in my house to do the last week of the change and then figure the rest out from there. There's a guy in my ward named Harold who's getting ready to turn in his mission papers and he wants to be my companion for a few days, so I think I'll jhave Harold come get me and work with me for as long as he can during the day and then just stay with some other companionship until dinner time. We'll see how it goes. Harold is a super stud so I'm kind of excited to work with him and teach him a little bit about missionary work. He's like 22 years old, and he just recently hit his one year mark of being a convert to the church. 


I love you all. Hope this week is the best week of your lives. Keep strong, study the scriptures. We never know the affect we can have on other peoples' lives if we just put in a little effort and study. We shouldn't read the BOM to just read, we should read it to learn and be spiritually edified every single time.
 
Our stake president, Pres. Soto talked a lot yesterday (talking to the stake leaders) about teaching DOCTRINE, not just our own opinions or experiences. We need to teach people the DOCTRINE of the gospel, which means we teach them eternal truths. If we study the scriptures, we will learn the eternal truths that will impact the hearts of other people. I've also been trying to get better at asking "inspired questions." Questions that come from heaven rather than from me. I truly feel that asking inspired questions is the only way to get to some people's hearts and allow them to have and feel a true conversion.  Peace and blessings.

Loves,
Elder Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment