Monday, February 16, 2015

February 26, 2015

What did she call me?
Handsome, but she spelled it wrong.

I accidentally left my little paper with stuff to write in the apartment so hopefully I remember stuff without it.

This week was rather uneventful for the most part, but I have a couple cool announcements. They both involve the word BAPTIZE! Yeah we have two baptisms planned for the next two weeks. This week is a lady named Maribel. She's a reference from a couple sister missionaries we received about two weeks ago. She had been attending their ward, but she actually lives within our boundaries so they passed her on over to us. She's about as golden as you could get. The first time we met with her we asked her what she had learned about the church so far (she had attended twice up until this point. To be baptized you have to attend thrice). She told us something along the lines of, "Well it's a true church that's very beautiful and I only have to attend one more time to be baptized!"  She's awesome. We've taught her all the lessons and she didn't have a single problem with any of the commandments or anything. Most of the commandments, like the word of wisdom, she was already living so it wasn't that big of a leap. She had her baptism interview yesterday and passed so we're full steam ahead for Saturday!

The other one is a lady named Cecilia. I believe last week I told you the story of the promise I gave her and how she told my companion that she was ready. WELL, this Tuesday we had divisions with our district leader so I was with him in a different sector for a day, and while I was gone they placed a date for her and she accepted! She is preparing to be baptized on the 28th of February. 

We haven't really seen a whole lot of other progress this week with our other investigators. We are, however, seeing some progress with a few of our less active members so there will be more to come on that. 

I went on exchanges with our district leader, Elder Graham this week. He's from Canada. He's cool and we get along fine. Not a lot really happened other than I got to speak English all day which was fun.

As far as the language goes, it's going good. I've still got a lot to learn but I'm not uncomfortable with it anymore. A little while back a lady in our ward told me that my accent sounds very educated, which was cool cause I used to be worried about sounding like a third grader when I talk. People tell me that I speak very well and that my accent is very small. I'll probably always have a little bit of an accent but I'm okay with that. They think it's cool. I've realized what a blessing it has been to be in places where no one speaks English because it's helped me learn so much faster and so much better. I was thinking yesterday what it would be like to go a whole day without speaking Spanish and it seemed like a weird idea to me. I have been very blessed here.

Well I don't really remember if anything else happened this week that's worth mentioning. Carnaval started this week so that should be an adventure. I'll tell you all about it next week. Love you all! Peace and blessings! Remember that God knows best, and even while we're suffering he's blessing us. 

Loves,
Elder Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment