Thursday, April 9, 2015

Changes

That'll be our motto. They won't die!

Well I'll start off with the big news. WE GOT CHANGED. I'm staying here in Alborada and my new companion IS..... (drumroll)........ I DON'T KNOW CAUSE I'M GONNA TRAIN!!! I've been called as a trainer so I'm SUPER stoked. It's kind of what I've been wanting to do my whole mission. I'll still be keeping my assignment as district leader as well. I'm absolutely stoked. since I'm training it means I'm guaranteed at least two more transfers here to train. I hope I have three more because then I would pass a year in Alborada and can enter my third sector going downhill. We're gonna go crazy on this city. When he asks me what we're gonna do I'm gonna say, just like that missionary in the district shows, "we're gonna hit the pavement my friend. Full steam ahead."

So now the personal stuff. 

This was probably the hardest week of my mission. My companion hit another phase of "I hate Elder Pearce, Alborada, the mission, etc." and decided not to talk to me, except for when I asked him a question he would just insult me or say something rude. He told me that since it was the last week of the change he didn't want to work. He said mean things about me on the phone to our pensionista, called me garbage (which is pretty vulgar in Spanish), and did other things too. I don't know what on earth I did to make him so angry and upset with me. I told him I was sorry for anything I did and he just said screw you. So I just decided that my first priority is not to help my companion, it's to help the people of Peru. I can't help him, so I just decided I was done. I just felt really bad because I don't know what I did. I don't know if there's something I need to fix or how I can apologize or make things right. It took a lot of the spirit out of conference. Luckily we were able to go to conference and be apart for a little while. I also went on exchanges twice this week so that gave us both some breathing room. I was really worried we would have another change though and just end up killing each other. I fasted during conference and included him in it. As soon as I ended I could tell he'd kind of simmered a little bit and was at least talking to me a little. We've been able to keep things pretty tranquil since then. I could also just feel the comfort of the spirit which I really needed, and I was able to focus more on the last session of conference. Luckily for him he can get away from me now cause apparently he hates me. I hope I get an American companion to train. That would be number one. Anyways, it's been a pretty exhausting week.

We didn't really do anything for Easter so that was lame. The church has an Easter video out that we've been sharing with people. On Saturday night everyone just got drunk and that was about it. The Catholics did a bunch of ceremonies and stuff but we didn't go to any, obviously.

There are TONS of less actives here, and the members don't help a whole lot. They're kind of starting to get their toes in the water. I'm hoping to change that over the next two changes. I hope my new companion is enthusiastic, and that we can also be good friends and just do work here.

Love you all, good things are ahead. I love my mission and the experiences I have that allow me to grow. 

Love,
Elder Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment