Monday, April 11, 2016

We all have an El Guapo in our lives... In our case it's a big scary guy that wants to kill us

April 11, 2016

It's been a good week. I think God likes to watch me stretch a little bit and then shows me he still cares. It's fun.

We found eight new investigators this week and they all seem pretty genuine. One of them was a referral. We went to the address that was given to us but they told us that there was no one there with her name (O). In my mind I was like, "Great she gave them a fake address." We starting walking away when a lady walked by and asked who we were looking for. We said we were looking for O. and she said that she was O. She took us to her house right away (turns our there are three houses in a row with the same number. I love this country) and called her daughter, M,  to come and listen as well. They had attended an activity with another ward and had learned a little bit about family history. We had a lesson and went back on Saturday. When we got there on Saturday a teenage boy answered the door and said that O. wasn't home. We called her and said that she wasn't going to be able to make it but that her daughter was inside waiting for her. She came out and invited us in. The kid that answered the door was her cousin, and he and his sister joined us in the lesson. They were all really enthusiastic about what we taught them and seemed very interested. When I asked if they would read the pamphlet we left them M.'s cousin, E., said, "Obviously I'm going to read it. I need to read it if I want to be a better person." It was great. Olga also has a husband and a son that we haven't met yet. It was a good experience for me.

One of our investigators, Ed, accepted a baptismal date for May 14th. He's really excited about it. He lived in Utah for a while and was about to be baptized there but had an accident and had to come back to Cusco. He loves me because I'm from Utah. He's a great guy. His wife is a less active as well so we're going to try to teach her as well.

We didn't have church yesterday because of presidential elections. In the entire country no one is allowed to have any kind of public meeting the day of voting. For some reason they have to vote again next Sunday because the results were too close or something like that. So there might not be church next week either. 

This is the last week of the change so next week we'll see if I stay or not. I'd really love to stay here to finish my mission and to see Ed get baptized and where all of our other new investigators end up. It seems like finally things are happening just in time for me to leave. But I'll do whatever I'm asked. I know that whatever happens will be for the best.

Love you all! Remember to share the gospel with everyone! God loves all of His children.

Loves,
Elder Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment